Thursday, September 16, 2010

VB + C# Adventures (Part 2)

We’re using Visual Studio 2010 so all of my gripes, comparisons, etc will be based on that. 

The biggest thing I noticed right off the bat is in the IDE.  C# Intellisense is kind of clunky compared to its VB counterpart.  I found this kind of weird…

C# Syntax

I’m finding myself using parentheses where I should be using brackets, but it’s rare. 

I miss the With construct that’s in VB.

I sometimes declare my variable name before the type.

Semi-colons…don’t forget those!

Curly-braces galore!

I find the syntax to be a bit more cryptic.

 

VB Syntax

More verbose, but I find it easier to read (this is just personal preference I guess).

Gotta love direct access to My.Settings and My.Resources.

No need to break after every case in Select (Switch) statements.

Delegate parameters need an AddressOf identifier when passing into a method, whereas C# you just pass in the method.

No comments: